Chevron (CVX) Enters Purchase, Sales Agreement with ENN LNG Trading Co.
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Chevron U.S.A. Inc., has signed a binding LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with ENN LNG Trading Company Limited (ENN) for the delivery of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to China from Chevron’s global supply portfolio. Under the terms of the SPA, ENN will receive up to 0.65 million metric tons per annum (MTPA) of LNG over 10 years, with the first delivery expected to start in 2018 or the first half of 2019.
“Chevron’s commitment to gas is clear. We’ve been in the natural gas business for more than 100 years, and we’re positioned to become one of the top LNG suppliers in the world,” said Mike Wirth, executive vice president, Chevron Midstream and Development. “This SPA further demonstrates our work to expand our customer base, our strong customer relationships and our commitment to partnerships around the world.”
ENN LNG Trading Company Limited is one of the subsidiaries of ENN Energy Holding Ltd., which is one of the largest natural gas distribution companies in China. ENN Energy Holdings Ltd. operates in 150 cities across 17 provinces and autonomous regions, with over 12 million residential and 56 thousand industrial/commercial customers. ENN’s Zhoushan LNG receiving terminal is being constructed and expected to be in operation by 2018.
The SPA delivery requirements are expected to be fulfilled by Chevron’s growing LNG portfolio, including the company’s Australian LNG interests at Gorgon, Wheatstone and the North West Shelf.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN), Sanofi (SNY) Enter Pact for ELIXA Trial Biomarker Analysis
- Veracyte (VCYT) Launches Envisia Genomic Classifier for IPF Patients
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesCrude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!