Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Prices $1.5B Term Loan Facility
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) announced that it successfully priced its proposed term loan and, as a result of strong demand, has upsized the term loan to $1.5 billion from a previously announced size of $1.0 billion. The term loan is being arranged by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and MUFG as joint lead arrangers. Chesapeake intends to use the net proceeds of the loan to finance tender offers for its unsecured notes, with any remaining proceeds used for further debt repayments and other general corporate purposes. Chesapeake expects this financing and the tender offers to improve its financial flexibility by reducing its near-term maturing debt.
The loan will have a five-year term and bear interest at a rate of LIBOR plus 7.50% per annum, subject to a 1.00% LIBOR floor. The loan will be made at par without original issue discount. The loan will be secured by the same collateral securing the company's revolving credit facility (with a position in the collateral proceeds waterfall junior to the credit facility).
The new term loan will be unconditionally guaranteed on a joint and several basis by Chesapeake's direct and indirect wholly owned domestic subsidiaries that are guarantors under the company's revolving credit facility.
The loan is expected to close on or before August 23, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions and final documentation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 10/24: (CHK) (VMW) (CMCSA) Upgraded; (ADAP) (TEX) (LECO) Downgraded
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK): Viability Restored - Jefferies
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Boise Cascade Company (BCC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!