Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Enters $850M Conv. Senior Notes Private Placement
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) announced that it has commenced a private placement to eligible purchasers of $850 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2026. The notes will be convertible, under certain circumstances, into cash, Chesapeake common stock or a combination of cash and Chesapeake common stock, at Chesapeake's election.
Chesapeake intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, which may include debt repurchases and the repayment of its credit facility and senior notes with near-term maturities as they become due. The company also intends to grant the initial purchasers of the proposed offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional $150 million aggregate principal amount of notes.
The notes will be offered and sold to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers in the United States pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"). The offer and sale of the notes, the related subsidiary guarantees and the shares of common stock issuable upon conversion of the notes have not been, and will not be, registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state laws.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- USA Compression Partners (USAC) Prices $73.1M Common Units Offering
- Lakeland Bancorp (LBAI) Plans At-the-Market Offering of Common Stock
- Dynegy (DYN) Subsidiary Genco Files for Court Approval of Prepackaged Reorganization Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!