Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Enters $1B Term Loan Facility
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) announced today that it has engaged Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and MUFG to assist with the arrangement of a secured five-year term loan in an aggregate principal amount of $1.0 billion. Chesapeake intends to use the net proceeds of the loan to finance tender offers for certain of its unsecured notes announced today. Chesapeake expects this financing and the tender offers to improve its financial flexibility as it will allow for the retirement of existing debt with upcoming maturities.
The loan will be from one or more commercial banks, and will be secured by the same collateral securing the company's revolving credit facility (with a position in the collateral proceeds waterfall junior to the credit facility).
Amounts borrowed under the new term loan facility will be unconditionally guaranteed on a joint and several basis by Chesapeake's direct and indirect wholly owned domestic subsidiaries that are guarantors under the company's revolving credit facility.
Chesapeake's ability to establish the new facility and borrow thereunder will be subject to the receipt of commitments from lenders to provide the facility, the negotiation and execution of definitive loan documents and other customary conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- Stocks with call price movement; CHK VIX
- CEOs of Teekay Corporation, Tsakos Energy Navigation, Dorian LPG and Euroseas participate in Capital Link's 10th Annual Global Shipping Markets Roundtable Monday, December 12, 2016 -- The Metropo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!