Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Enters $1B Term Loan Facility
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) announced today that it has engaged Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and MUFG to assist with the arrangement of a secured five-year term loan in an aggregate principal amount of $1.0 billion. Chesapeake intends to use the net proceeds of the loan to finance tender offers for certain of its unsecured notes announced today. Chesapeake expects this financing and the tender offers to improve its financial flexibility as it will allow for the retirement of existing debt with upcoming maturities.
The loan will be from one or more commercial banks, and will be secured by the same collateral securing the company's revolving credit facility (with a position in the collateral proceeds waterfall junior to the credit facility).
Amounts borrowed under the new term loan facility will be unconditionally guaranteed on a joint and several basis by Chesapeake's direct and indirect wholly owned domestic subsidiaries that are guarantors under the company's revolving credit facility.
Chesapeake's ability to establish the new facility and borrow thereunder will be subject to the receipt of commitments from lenders to provide the facility, the negotiation and execution of definitive loan documents and other customary conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NetEase (NTES) PT Raised To $305 At Goldman Sachs, Maintains Buy
- Citi Starts DCP Midstream Partners (DPM) at Neutral, Says Upside Is "Modest"
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. (GSBD) to Market Perform Citing Valution
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!