Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP) Says Train 2 at the Sabine Pass Liquefaction Project 'Substantially Complete'
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: CQP) announced that Substantial Completion of Train 2 of the Sabine Pass liquefaction project in Cameron Parish, Louisiana (the "SPL Project") was achieved on September 15, 2016. Commissioning has been completed and Cheniere Partners' EPC partner Bechtel Oil, Gas and Chemicals, Inc. ("Bechtel") is turning over care, custody, and control of Train 2 to Cheniere Partners. This turnover will be done in coordination with a previously announced planned outage to improve performance of the flare systems at the SPL Project, as well as to perform scheduled maintenance to Train 1 and other facilities.
Under a sale and purchase agreement ("SPA") with Gas Natural Fenosa LNG GOM Ltd. ("GNF"), the date of first commercial delivery ("DFCD") for Train 2 of the SPL Project is expected to occur in August 2017 upon which the SPA's 20-year term commences. Prior to DFCD, GNF has certain rights to early cargoes produced from Train 2 as described in the SPA.
With the achievement of Substantial Completion, financial results of LNG sales from Train 2 going forward will be reflected in the statement of operations of Cheniere Partners and its affiliates.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!