Chemical Financial (CHFC) Set to Join S&P MidCap 400; Supervalu (SVU), Shoe Carnival (SCVL) and Eagle Pharmaceuticals (EGRX) to Join S&P SmallCap 600
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600 indices:
Chemical Financial Corp. (NASDAQ: CHFC) will replace Supervalu Inc. (NYSE: SVU) in the S&P MidCap 400, and Supervalu will replace Talmer Bancorp Inc. (NASDAQ: TLMR) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading on Wednesday, August 31. Chemical Financial is acquiring Talmer in a deal expected to be completed on or about that date pending final approvals. Supervalu has a market capitalization more representative of the small-cap market space.
Shoe Carnival Inc. (NASDAQ: SCVL) will replace Sagent Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: SGNT) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading on Friday, August 26. Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co. is acquiring Sagent in a deal expected to be completed soon pending final conditions.
Eagle Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: EGRX) will replace Cash America International Inc. (NYSE: CSH) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading on Thursday, September 1. S&P SmallCap 600 constituent First Cash Financial Services Inc. (NASDAQ: FCFS) is acquiring Cash America in a deal expected to be completed on or about that date pending final approvals. Post merger, the combined company will be named FirstCash Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
- Duke Energy Renewables Announces Acquisition of Victory Solar Power Project (DUK)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Index Changes
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!