ChemChina and Syngenta (SYT) Transaction Receives Clearance from CFIUS
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina) and Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) today announced that the companies have received clearance on their proposed transaction from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
In addition to CFIUS clearance, the closing of the transaction is subject to anti-trust review by numerous regulators around the world and other customary closing conditions. Both companies are working closely with the regulatory agencies involved and discussions remain constructive.
The proposed transaction is expected to close by the end of the year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement, 14D9
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!