ChemChina and Syngenta (SYT) Transaction Receives Clearance from CFIUS
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina) and Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) today announced that the companies have received clearance on their proposed transaction from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
In addition to CFIUS clearance, the closing of the transaction is subject to anti-trust review by numerous regulators around the world and other customary closing conditions. Both companies are working closely with the regulatory agencies involved and discussions remain constructive.
The proposed transaction is expected to close by the end of the year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- Digi Int'l (DGII) Affirms Receipt of Belden (BDC) Proposal; Says Nothing New in Latest Offer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement, 14D9
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!