Chart Industries (GTLS) Unit Receives U.S. Patent Related to IPSMR Liquefaction Technology
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chart Energy & Chemicals, Inc., a Chart Industries Company, announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office has awarded the company a patent for its IPSMR cryogenic liquefaction process technology. Initially intended for use in the making of liquefied natural gas (LNG), IPSMR® technology, uses a mixture of light hydrocarbons and nitrogen to provide refrigeration. Process optimization is achieved through an improved refrigeration cycle using Chart's proprietary brazed aluminum heat exchangers (BAHX). The IPSMR® process allows clients to achieve maximum operating efficiency, economy and performance by 6-10% over other industry recognized single mixed refrigerant processes.
Global demand for natural gas continues to increase and liquefaction is vital for its transportation because LNG occupies 1/600th volume compared to its gaseous form. In recognizing the internal development team's accomplishment, Andrew Moriarty, President of Chart Energy & Chemicals, also highlighted the practical role and importance of the company's continuous research and development program, "The IPSMR® process technology and our modular plant solutions, are at the center of many of the proposed investments, at various stages of regulatory approval, that will enable the export of North American shale gas through liquefaction," he said.
Chart is also actively developing IPSMR® to improve the efficiency of other liquefaction processes, such as ethane, ethylene and energy storage projects.
In addition to the United States, IPSMR® process technology has been patented in other major countries, including China and Japan, and it is patent pending in many others.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Dermira (DERM) Presents Data from DRM01 Phase 2b Trial
- Allstate (ALL), Mastercard (MA) Team on New Payment System
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!