Cesca Therapeutics (KOOL) Receives Third SurgWerks-Related U.S. Patent
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: KOOL) announced that the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) has granted the Company the third of a family of patent applications related to its proprietary methods for the treatment of ischemic cardiovascular disorders, such as critical limb ischemia (CLI) and acute myocardial infarction (AMI). The patent (numbered 9,439,930) protects key components of Cesca’s SurgWerks™ technology platform, relating to cell compositions & methods, designed for the rapid delivery of autologous regenerative cell therapies in a point-of-care environment.
“This patent covers critical methods for the rapid infusion of autologous bone marrow derived stem & progenitor cells, integral steps in our proprietary SurgWerks™ platform based treatment technique,” said Dalip Sethi, Ph.D., Cesca’s Director of Clinical Research. “Our growing portfolio of SurgWerks™ platform patents underpins our approach to the treatment of cardiovascular diseases with rapid, point-of-care procedures.”
Cesca has more than 30 issued patents covering its market leading technology for the concentration and cryogenic storage of umbilical cord blood derived stem & progenitor cells. With its expanding portfolio of intellectual property covering key components of the SurgWerks™ platform, the Company seeks to bring the same level of innovation to autologous, bone marrow derived stem cell treatments for cardiovascular and orthopedic disorders at the patient’s bedside.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PAR Technology (PAR) Taps Chobani's Menar as CFO
- Hertz Global (HTZ), Localiza to Form Strategic Partnership
- Brixmor Property Group (BRX) Names New Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!