Cesca Therapeutics (KOOL) Receives Third SurgWerks-Related U.S. Patent
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: KOOL) announced that the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) has granted the Company the third of a family of patent applications related to its proprietary methods for the treatment of ischemic cardiovascular disorders, such as critical limb ischemia (CLI) and acute myocardial infarction (AMI). The patent (numbered 9,439,930) protects key components of Cesca’s SurgWerks™ technology platform, relating to cell compositions & methods, designed for the rapid delivery of autologous regenerative cell therapies in a point-of-care environment.
“This patent covers critical methods for the rapid infusion of autologous bone marrow derived stem & progenitor cells, integral steps in our proprietary SurgWerks™ platform based treatment technique,” said Dalip Sethi, Ph.D., Cesca’s Director of Clinical Research. “Our growing portfolio of SurgWerks™ platform patents underpins our approach to the treatment of cardiovascular diseases with rapid, point-of-care procedures.”
Cesca has more than 30 issued patents covering its market leading technology for the concentration and cryogenic storage of umbilical cord blood derived stem & progenitor cells. With its expanding portfolio of intellectual property covering key components of the SurgWerks™ platform, the Company seeks to bring the same level of innovation to autologous, bone marrow derived stem cell treatments for cardiovascular and orthopedic disorders at the patient’s bedside.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Debuts New DTEK60, an Android-Based Smartphone
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Updates on Recent Additions to M300 Smart Glasses VIP Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!