Cesca Therapeutics (KOOL) Receives Third SurgWerks-Related U.S. Patent
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings kick into high gear
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: KOOL) announced that the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) has granted the Company the third of a family of patent applications related to its proprietary methods for the treatment of ischemic cardiovascular disorders, such as critical limb ischemia (CLI) and acute myocardial infarction (AMI). The patent (numbered 9,439,930) protects key components of Cesca’s SurgWerks™ technology platform, relating to cell compositions & methods, designed for the rapid delivery of autologous regenerative cell therapies in a point-of-care environment.
“This patent covers critical methods for the rapid infusion of autologous bone marrow derived stem & progenitor cells, integral steps in our proprietary SurgWerks™ platform based treatment technique,” said Dalip Sethi, Ph.D., Cesca’s Director of Clinical Research. “Our growing portfolio of SurgWerks™ platform patents underpins our approach to the treatment of cardiovascular diseases with rapid, point-of-care procedures.”
Cesca has more than 30 issued patents covering its market leading technology for the concentration and cryogenic storage of umbilical cord blood derived stem & progenitor cells. With its expanding portfolio of intellectual property covering key components of the SurgWerks™ platform, the Company seeks to bring the same level of innovation to autologous, bone marrow derived stem cell treatments for cardiovascular and orthopedic disorders at the patient’s bedside.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cellectar Biosciences (CLRB) Announces US Patent Granted for CLR 131 and CLR 125
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Reaches Agreement with SEC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!