Cerulean Pharma (CERU) to Cut Workforce by 48%
- Wall Street flat as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Cerulean Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ: CERU), a clinical-stage company developing nanoparticle-drug conjugates (NDCs), today announced that it is reducing its workforce by approximately 48%, to a total of 23 full-time equivalent employees, under a plan expected to be substantially completed by the end of 2016. This workforce reduction is designed to reduce operating expenses while the company refocuses its clinical strategy for CRLX101. Affected employees are being offered severance and outplacement assistance.
“This reduction in force is a difficult but necessary step as we refocus our development priorities for CRLX101, our lead NDC candidate,” said Christopher D. T. Guiffre, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cerulean. “I would like to personally express my appreciation to each of the employees impacted by this decision for their commitment to Cerulean and CRLX101. We remain committed to unlocking the power of this potential best-in-class topoisomerase 1 inhibitor, as well as realizing the promise of our pipeline and platform.”
Cerulean expects the reduction in force to result in approximately $5.0 million in reduced annualized operating expenses once the plan is fully implemented.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Names Keith Creel to Succeed as CEO
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Issues Statement on CFPB Complaint
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Names Jennifer Whip to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!