Cerulean Pharma (CERU), Novartis (NVS) Enter NDC Product Collaboration
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cerulean Pharma Inc. (Nasdaq: CERU) announced that the Company has entered into a strategic collaboration with Novartis to develop NDC product candidates combining Cerulean’s proprietary Dynamic Tumor Targeting technology with Novartis’ proprietary compounds directed at up to five targets. Cerulean will create NDC candidates, and Novartis is responsible for further development and commercialization of NDC products resulting from the collaboration.
Under terms of the agreement, Cerulean will receive an upfront payment of $5 million plus funding for five full-time equivalents. Cerulean is also eligible to receive preclinical, clinical, regulatory, and sales milestones for each target. In addition, following regulatory approval of NDC products, Cerulean can earn single-digit to low double-digit tiered royalties on net sales for each NDC product.
“Novartis is widely recognized as one of the world leaders in drug development,” said Christopher D.T. Guiffre, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cerulean. “This collaboration is further validation of our powerful technology platform, and we are excited that Novartis is including NDCs in its drug discovery and development efforts. We are pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to Novartis’ pipeline, and we believe that partnering with them will help accelerate our efforts to provide safer and more effective options to cancer patients.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters Pact With Israeli Specialty Services Provider Best Med
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!