Cepheid (CPHD) Announces Final Regulatory Hurdles Cleared to Close Danaher (DHR) Merger
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cepheid (NASDAQ: CPHD) announced that antitrust clearances have been received or the requisite waiting periods have expired, as applicable, in the United States, Germany, Austria and South Africa, which comprise all of the governmental approvals required as a closing condition pursuant to the merger agreement executed in connection with the proposed acquisition of Cepheid by Danaher Corporation.
As previously disclosed, on September 2, 2016, Cepheid, Danaher Corporation ("Parent"), and Copper Merger Sub, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parent ("Merger Sub"), entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger ("Merger Agreement"). Pursuant to the terms of the Merger Agreement, and subject to the conditions thereof, Merger Sub will merge with and into Cepheid, and Cepheid will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parent (the "Merger").
Cepheid is scheduled to hold a special meeting of its shareholders on November 4, 2016 to consider and vote upon the approval of the Merger Agreement, Merger and the principal terms thereof, as well as other matters related to the Merger.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- HID Global Wins Homeland Security Award from Government Security News
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!