Cepheid (CPHD) Announces Final Regulatory Hurdles Cleared to Close Danaher (DHR) Merger
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cepheid (NASDAQ: CPHD) announced that antitrust clearances have been received or the requisite waiting periods have expired, as applicable, in the United States, Germany, Austria and South Africa, which comprise all of the governmental approvals required as a closing condition pursuant to the merger agreement executed in connection with the proposed acquisition of Cepheid by Danaher Corporation.
As previously disclosed, on September 2, 2016, Cepheid, Danaher Corporation ("Parent"), and Copper Merger Sub, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parent ("Merger Sub"), entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger ("Merger Agreement"). Pursuant to the terms of the Merger Agreement, and subject to the conditions thereof, Merger Sub will merge with and into Cepheid, and Cepheid will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parent (the "Merger").
Cepheid is scheduled to hold a special meeting of its shareholders on November 4, 2016 to consider and vote upon the approval of the Merger Agreement, Merger and the principal terms thereof, as well as other matters related to the Merger.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!