Centene (CNC) Unit Selected by HHS for New Medicaid Contract in Nevada
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC) announced that its Nevada subsidiary, Silver Summit Health Plan, has been selected by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy to serve Medicaid recipients enrolled in Nevada's Medicaid managed care program. Pending regulatory approval and successful completion of readiness review, the four-year agreement, with the possibility of two one-year extensions, is expected to commence on July 1, 2017.
There are currently 400,000 enrollees in Nevada's Medicaid managed care program. Under the new contract, Silver Summit will provide healthcare services to Nevada Medicaid and Check Up members in both Clark and Washoe counties. In addition, beginning in 2018, Silver Summit expects to offer a Health Insurance Marketplace product in Clark and Washoe counties.
"We are pleased to be selected to serve Medicaid beneficiaries in Nevada, which will be Centene's 29th state with health plan operations," said Michael F. Neidorff, Chairman, President and CEO for Centene. "We look forward to bringing quality, comprehensive healthcare solutions to Nevada residents through our locally-based health plan."
"We are honored to have this opportunity to bring our comprehensive member health solutions, as well as our innovative, non-hassle provider approach to value-based reimbursement to Nevada," said Brent Layton, Executive Vice President and Chief Business Development Officer for Centene.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!