Cempra (CEMP) Shares Halted Ahead of FDA AdCom on Solithromycin as CABP Treatment
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Cempra, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEMP) announced that NASDAQ has halted trading of the company's common stock.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Antimicrobial Drugs Advisory Committee (AMDAC) is meeting today to discuss the safety and efficacy of solithromycin to treat community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP).
The Advisory Committee meeting is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. ET and is scheduled to end at 5:00 p.m. ET. The FDA briefing materials for the meeting can be found at: http://www.fda.gov/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/Drugs/Anti-InfectiveDrugsAdvisoryCommittee/ucm496389.htm.
Solithromycin was granted qualified infectious diseases product (QIDP) designation which entitled the new drug applications (NDAs) to eight month priority reviews, resulting in PDUFA dates of December 27, and December 28, 2016, respectively, for the oral and intravenous NDAs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Cytokinetics (CYTK) Presents Data from VITALITY-ALS at International Symposium
- Cellular Biomedicine Group (CBMG) AlloJoin AE from Phase I Similar to Prior Autologous Trial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesPDUFA, AdCom
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!