Cempra (CEMP) Announces Date for FDA Meeting on Solithromycin as CABP Treatment
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cempra, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEMP) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has scheduled a meeting of the Antimicrobial Drugs Advisory Committee on November 4, 2016 in Silver Spring, Maryland to discuss the safety and efficacy of solithromycin to treat community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP).
Cempra conducted two pivotal Phase 3 global registration trials of solithromycin. The first study was conducted with solithromycin oral capsules, and the second study tested intravenous (IV) solithromycin progressing to oral solithromycin. Both Phase 3 studies met their primary endpoints that were aligned with FDA guidance.
Solithromycin was granted qualified infectious diseases product (QIDP) designation which entitled the new drug applications (NDAs) to eight month priority reviews, resulting in PDUFA dates of December 27, and December 28, 2016, respectively, the oral and intravenous NDAs.
“Antimicrobial resistance is an urgent public health threat and we believe that the strong data we have seen with solithromycin in clinical trials supports its approval as a new IV and oral antibiotic that would meet an important unmet need in the treatment of both in-patient and out-patient CABP,” said Prabhavathi Fernandes, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of Cempra.
“We look forward to the November 4 discussion with the advisory committee, and continued dialogue with the FDA, as we progress towards the solithromycin PDUFA dates at the end of the year,” Fernandes added.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cempra (CEMP): Two Key Upcoming Catalysts - Needham
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Mercedes-Benz to launch pickup truck in 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesPDUFA, AdCom
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!