Cemex S.A. (CX) to Sell U.S. Reinforced Concrete Pipe Manufacturing Business for Over $500M
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (“CEMEX”) (NYSE: CX) announced today that one of its subsidiaries in the U.S. has signed a definitive agreement to divest its U.S. Reinforced Concrete Pipe Manufacturing Business to Quikrete Holdings, Inc. for approximately U.S.$500 million plus an additional U.S.$40 million purchase price contingent on future performance.
The closing of this transaction is subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions, including approval from regulators. We currently expect to finalize this sale during the first quarter of 2017.
The proceeds obtained from this transaction will be used mainly for debt reduction and for general corporate purposes.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Citigroup Global Markets Limited are acting as financial advisors to CEMEX in this transaction.
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. Celebrating its 110th anniversary, CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements, and efforts to promote a sustainable future.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB), Yadkin Financial (YDKN) Shareholders Approve Merger
- Actions Semiconductor (ACTS) Shareholders Approve Going Private Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCiti, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!