Cemex S.A. (CX), GCC Finalize Terms of Assets Sale Agreement
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: CX) announced that it has reached an agreement with Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua, S.A.B. de C.V. (“GCC”) on the terms and conditions regarding the sale to GCC of certain assets in the U.S. originally announced on May 2, 2016.
The assets being sold by an affiliate of CEMEX to an affiliate of GCC in the U.S. have changed and mainly consist of CEMEX’s cement plant in Odessa, Texas, two cement terminals and the building materials business in El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico. CEMEX’s cement plant in Lyons, Colorado and cement terminal in Florence, Colorado are no longer part of the assets being sold to GCC. Upon closing of this transaction GCC will pay CEMEX U.S.$306 million.
Closing of this transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, which include the satisfaction of various conditions precedent, consisting mainly of approvals from the United States competition authorities and GCC’s shareholders, among others, as well as GCC obtaining financing to purchase the assets. We currently expect to finalize this transaction before the end of 2016.
Citigroup is acting as financial advisor to CEMEX in this transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- Financial 15 Split Corp. Completes Overnight Offering of $38,250,000
- Peaks, black swans and bonanzas: Market tips, bold calls and eyecatchers for 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!