Celgene (CELG) Partner Acceleron Initiates ACE-536 Phase 2
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
Acceleron Pharma, Inc., announced the initiation of a phase 2 study of its novel, investigational protein therapeutic, ACE-536, to treat patients with beta-thalassemia, a genetic hematologic disorder causing chronic and life-threatening anemia and serious complications affecting the spleen, liver and heart. Patients and healthcare providers currently have limited options for the treatment of beta-thalassemia. This is the second ongoing Phase 2 trial for ACE-536, which is being developed by Acceleron as part of a global collaboration with Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG).
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Regeneron (REGN) Advised by FDA on PCSK9 Adverse Events
- NewLink Genetics (NLNK) Continues Phase 3 IMPRESS
- Prana Biotech (PRAN) Reports Positive Data Published on PoC MPAC for Alzheimer's Disease
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!