Celgene (CELG) Partner Acceleron Initiates ACE-536 Phase 2
- Twas the Night Before Alibaba (BABA)
- Market Wrap: CEO Retirement Party; SAP's Big Purchase; Home Depot Outlines Card Breach, Outlook
- Oracle (ORCL) CEO Ellison Steps Down; Will Remain as Chairman
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/18 (CNQR) (MCP) (JBLU) Higher; (TIBX) (RHT) (ORCL) Lower (more...)
- SAP (SAP) to Acquire Concur Technologies (CNQR) for $129/Share
Acceleron Pharma, Inc., announced the initiation of a phase 2 study of its novel, investigational protein therapeutic, ACE-536, to treat patients with beta-thalassemia, a genetic hematologic disorder causing chronic and life-threatening anemia and serious complications affecting the spleen, liver and heart. Patients and healthcare providers currently have limited options for the treatment of beta-thalassemia. This is the second ongoing Phase 2 trial for ACE-536, which is being developed by Acceleron as part of a global collaboration with Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG).
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Union (WU) Being Probed by SEC
- DepoMed (DEPO) Gets Letter from FDA Related to Gralise
- Smith & Nephew (SNN) Plans Launch of D-RAD SMART PACK System as Distal Radius Fracture Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!