Celestica (CLS) Completes Asset Acquisition from Karel Manufacturing
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Celestica Inc. (NYSE: CLS) announced that it has completed a transaction to purchase the business assets of Lorenz, Inc. and Suntek Manufacturing Technologies, SA de CV, collectively known as Karel Manufacturing, a Mexico-based manufacturing services company.
As part of this transaction, Celestica has acquired Karel's manufacturing assets in both Mexicali, Mexico and Calexico, California. Through this agreement, Celestica will gain additional vertical build-to-print capabilities in the areas of complex wire harness assembly, systems integration, sheet metal fabrication, welding and machining. The operation is Nadcap1-certified with focused expertise serving Aerospace and Defense customers. Approximately 400 Karel employees will be joining Celestica from across the two operations.
"This acquisition supports our strategy to accelerate our growth in key markets through the addition of value-added capabilities and services," said Jack Lawless, Executive Vice President, Diversified Markets, Celestica. "This further enables us to reduce supply chain complexity and cost for our customers across a broad range of markets, including Aerospace & Defense, Semiconductor Capital Equipment, Industrial, Healthcare, Renewable Energy, Communications and Enterprise."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!