Celanese Corp. (CE) Announces Completion of SO.F.TER. Group Acquisition
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE) announced it has completed the transaction to acquire the Forli, Italy based SO.F.TER. Group, one of the world’s largest independent thermoplastic compounders.
Celanese has acquired SO.F.TER. Group’s comprehensive product portfolio of engineering thermoplastics (ETPs), thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs), as well as all customer agreements and all manufacturing, technology and commercial facilities.
The acquisition nearly doubles the number of Celanese global engineered materials product platforms and further extends Celanese’s world-class operational model, technical and industry solutions capabilities, and project pipeline.
“This extended portfolio – complementary to our global engineered materials business – will be integrated with Celanese’s materials capabilities and operational model to increase opportunities for engaging customers across highly diverse application areas where functionality and design freedom are critical to material selection,” said Scott Sutton, Celanese executive vice president and president of Materials Solutions. “Additionally, SO.F.TER. Group’s sophisticated and modern manufacturing facilities and product portfolio provide a vehicle for additional growth, investment and synergies.”
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. Celanese announced its agreement to acquire SO.F.TER. Group in October 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!