Cato Corp. (CATO) Comps Fell 10% in Nov.
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The Cato Corporation (NYSE: CATO) reported sales for the four weeks ended November 26, 2016 of $68.2 million, a 10% decrease from sales of $76.0 million for the four week period ended November 28, 2015. Same-store sales for the month were down 10% to the prior year.
Sales for the ten months ended November 26, 2016 were $797.4 million, a 4% decrease from sales of $830.1 million for the ten months ended November 28, 2015. The Company's year-to-date same-store sales decreased 5%.
"November same-store sales were consistent with our current trend," stated John Cato, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, "and we remain cautious for the rest of the fourth quarter."
In November, the Company opened two new stores and relocated one store. New stores opened in Greenville, OH and Chillicothe, OH. The relocated store was in Fairfield, AL. As of November 26, 2016, the Company operated 1,374 stores in 33 states, compared to 1,373 stores in 32 states as of November 28, 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!