Cato Corp. (CATO) Comps Fell 10% in Nov.
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The Cato Corporation (NYSE: CATO) reported sales for the four weeks ended November 26, 2016 of $68.2 million, a 10% decrease from sales of $76.0 million for the four week period ended November 28, 2015. Same-store sales for the month were down 10% to the prior year.
Sales for the ten months ended November 26, 2016 were $797.4 million, a 4% decrease from sales of $830.1 million for the ten months ended November 28, 2015. The Company's year-to-date same-store sales decreased 5%.
"November same-store sales were consistent with our current trend," stated John Cato, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, "and we remain cautious for the rest of the fourth quarter."
In November, the Company opened two new stores and relocated one store. New stores opened in Greenville, OH and Chillicothe, OH. The relocated store was in Fairfield, AL. As of November 26, 2016, the Company operated 1,374 stores in 33 states, compared to 1,373 stores in 32 states as of November 28, 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- Milestone Scientific (MLSS) Updates on Henry Schein (HSIC) Agreement; Completes Training of Specialists
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Launches Security-Focused Enterprise of Things Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!