Cato Corp. (CATO) Comps Fell 10% in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Cato Corporation (NYSE: CATO) reported sales for the four weeks ended November 26, 2016 of $68.2 million, a 10% decrease from sales of $76.0 million for the four week period ended November 28, 2015. Same-store sales for the month were down 10% to the prior year.
Sales for the ten months ended November 26, 2016 were $797.4 million, a 4% decrease from sales of $830.1 million for the ten months ended November 28, 2015. The Company's year-to-date same-store sales decreased 5%.
"November same-store sales were consistent with our current trend," stated John Cato, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, "and we remain cautious for the rest of the fourth quarter."
In November, the Company opened two new stores and relocated one store. New stores opened in Greenville, OH and Chillicothe, OH. The relocated store was in Fairfield, AL. As of November 26, 2016, the Company operated 1,374 stores in 33 states, compared to 1,373 stores in 32 states as of November 28, 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!