Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - December 1, 2016 11:19 AM EST)
On Thomson First Call consensus estimates, excluding restructuring, Caterpillar sees FY17 PPS and revenue of $3.25 and $38 billion as too optimistic given headwinds. (NOTE: The Street consensus is at EPS of $3.25 and revenue of $38.13 billion and First Call was at PPS of $3.25.)
The company sees operating profit tailwinds as:
- Cost reduction carryover from restructuring action of $300 - $400 million
- Additional cost reduction net of labor inflation at $300 - $500 million
Significant headwinds include:
- At $38 billion, sales are about $1 billion than FY16 guidance, which is a variable margin headwind of $350 - $450 million
- Short-term incentive compensation for employees for FY17 expected to be $500 - $600 million more than FY16
- Cat Financial unfavorable at about $100 million.
Caterpillar said that, net of headwinds and tailwinds, the company remains committed to decrementals of 25 - 35%, excluding restructuring costs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corvex Management Cuts Signet Jewelers (SIG) Stake in Half
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Sees FY17 Distributable Cash Flow of $4.46B
- Ladder Capital (LADR) Reports 10M Secondary Public Offering of Common Stock by Stockholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!