Caterpillar (CAT) Guides Positives, Concerns for FY17 at Baird Conf.
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT) is presenting at the Baird Industrial Conference on Thursday. In part, the company noted that it sees Q4 revenue of $10 billion and EPS of $0.67, with consensus estimates calling for revenue of $9.9 billion and EPS of $0.68.
For FY17, Caterpillar stated:
Still early, but at this point we are not expecting 2017 sales and revenues to be significantly different than 2016.
Caterpillar also said it was watching the following positives and concerns:
- Commodity prices ... improvement could help RI, CI, and E&T
- Construction in China ... generally a positive, but dependent on continued government support for growth
- Construction sales in other developing countries are currently at very low levels
- Mining customers ... CAPEX forecasts and sentiment
- Commodity prices ... better, but still not high enough to drive substantial sales increase
- Weakness in North American construction
- Economic growth in Europe, and the impact of Brexit on growth and business investment
- Power generation ... particularly in oil producing regions
- Sales to marine, rail and industrial industries
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
- Starbucks sets five-year growth targets, to open 12,000 more stores
- Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) Announces ABX Air Motion Converted to Preliminary Injunction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!