Caterpillar (CAT) Guides Positives, Concerns for FY17 at Baird Conf.
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT) is presenting at the Baird Industrial Conference on Thursday. In part, the company noted that it sees Q4 revenue of $10 billion and EPS of $0.67, with consensus estimates calling for revenue of $9.9 billion and EPS of $0.68.
For FY17, Caterpillar stated:
Still early, but at this point we are not expecting 2017 sales and revenues to be significantly different than 2016.
Caterpillar also said it was watching the following positives and concerns:
- Commodity prices ... improvement could help RI, CI, and E&T
- Construction in China ... generally a positive, but dependent on continued government support for growth
- Construction sales in other developing countries are currently at very low levels
- Mining customers ... CAPEX forecasts and sentiment
- Commodity prices ... better, but still not high enough to drive substantial sales increase
- Weakness in North American construction
- Economic growth in Europe, and the impact of Brexit on growth and business investment
- Power generation ... particularly in oil producing regions
- Sales to marine, rail and industrial industries
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!