Catalyst Biosciences (CBIO) to Divest NNR Assets
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBIO) announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell one of its neuronal nicotinic receptor (NNR) assets that were under development by Targacept prior to its 2015 merger with Catalyst.
Catalyst is focused on developing medicines in the area of hemostasis, and prior to its merger with Targacept, decided not to develop the NNR assets. The divestiture provides an upfront payment to Catalyst of $750,000 and may also allow Catalyst to receive up to a total of $37 million in development, regulatory and commercial milestone payments as well as royalties on net sales.
"The sale of another NNR asset, following our divestiture of three NNR assets earlier this summer, has allowed Catalyst to realize additional value for a subset of these non-core assets as we remain focused on our therapeutic programs in hemophilia," said Nassim Usman, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Catalyst.
NNR agonists are a class of drugs targeting neuronal nicotinic receptors, also known as neuronal acetylcholine nicotinic receptors (nAChRs). Under the terms of the agreement, one NNR asset, TC-6499, including related intellectual property rights and materials will be divested. TC-6499 is a molecule that was originally evaluated by Targacept in trials of neuropathic pain and diabetic gastroparesis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rhône Enters Agreement o Acquire Zodiac from Carlyle Group (CG)
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- Kinross Gold (KGC), Yorbeau Resources Enter Option Agreement on Rouyn Property
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!