CareTrust REIT (CTRE) Announces $34.4M Acquisition of California Seniors Housing, Skilled Nursing Portfolio
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CareTrust REIT, Inc. (Nasdaq: CTRE) announced that it has acquired two seniors housing and two skilled nursing facilities located in California’s Central Valley for approximately $34.4 million, inclusive of transaction costs. The portfolio consists of 79 assisted living units and 293 skilled nursing beds, and is currently leased to affiliates of California-based Covenant Care, LLC.
“We are very excited to add these four facilities to our California portfolio,” remarked Mark Lamb, CareTrust’s Director of Investments. “Covenant Care is a highly-regarded post-acute care and seniors housing operator, and the existing leases are exceptionally well-covered,” he said.
Mr. Lamb noted that the sellers included three related but different ownership groups, adding an unusual level of complexity to the transaction. “The different sellers needed to exit in a fashion that was not only expeditious and orderly, but also fair to each individual seller group,” he said. Rob Reis of Marcus & Millichap, the principal broker on the transaction, added, “CareTrust made what could have been a very complex and contentious transaction very easy for our sellers, and for all involved.”
The Central Valley investment is expected to generate an initial cash yield of 9.0% based on the aggregate going-in annual cash rent of $3.1 million under the terms of the existing leases. The existing leases have initial terms that expire in 2019, subject to two five-year extension options, and include CPI-based rent escalators. The acquisition was funded using CareTrust's $400 million unsecured revolving credit facility.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- MediaNews Commences Previously Announced Partial Tender Offer for Monster (MWW) Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!