Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Completes Enrollment in I.V. CR845 Phase 2/3 as UP Treatment
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CARA) announced that it has completed patient enrollment for the multi-dose phase of its adaptive Phase 2/3 trial of I.V. CR845 in dialysis patients suffering from moderate-to-severe uremic pruritus (UP). UP is an intractable systemic itch condition in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD), for which there are no approved therapies in the United States.
“We’re very pleased to have completed enrollment as planned for Part A of the Phase 2/3 trial in pruritus associated with chronic kidney disease, as these eight-week data will determine the optimal dosing to carry forward into planned registration trials. In our previous Phase 2 trial, I.V. CR845 significantly reduced itch and improved the quality of life for dialysis patients with this condition over a two-week treatment period,” said Derek Chalmers, Ph.D., D.Sc., President and Chief Executive Officer of Cara Therapeutics. “We look forward to reporting top-line data from Part A of this trial in the first quarter of 2017 and, based on the results, initiating the planned registration phase later in the year.”
About the Phase 2/3 Adaptive Trial
The Phase 2/3 trial is being conducted in a two-part adaptive design:
- Part A is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of three doses of I.V. CR845 (0.5 mcg/kg, 1.0 mcg/kg, and 1.5 mcg/kg) administered three times per week after dialysis over an eight-week treatment period in 160 patients.
- Part B will be a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of one optimized dose of I.V. CR845 administered three times per week after dialysis over a 12-week treatment period in up to 240 patients.
Primary and secondary endpoints will include itch intensity and quality of life measures associated with pruritus burden, using a series of previously validated self-assessment scales.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TG Therapeutics (TGTX) Presented Preclinical Data on TGR-1202 at ASH 2016
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC) Announces Positive Update on GMI-1271 Phase 1/2 in AML; All Response Patients Seen with CR Rates
- Cerecor (CERC) Announces CERC-501 Phase 2 for Nicotine Withdrawal Missed Primary Endpoint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!