Capitala Finance (CPTA) Exits Four Investments Totaling $57.2M
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Capitala Finance Corp. (Nasdaq: CPTA) announced four investment exits totaling $57.2 million.
On August 2, 2016, the Company exited its $18.4 million subordinated debt investment in Merlin International, Inc. at par.
On August 5, 2016, the Company exited its investment in MTI Holdings, Inc. The Company received $8.0 million for its subordinated debt investment, which was repaid at par. The Company also received $10.6 million for its equity investment, netting a realized gain of approximately $8.6 million.
On August 24, 2016, the Company exited its investment in STX Healthcare Management Services, Inc. The Company received $6.4 million for its subordinated debt investment, which was repaid at par. The Company also received $2.8 million for its common stock and warrants, generating a gain of approximately $1.4 million.
On August 25, 2016, the Company exited its investment in Sparus Holdings, Inc. The Company received $11.0 million representing full repayment of the Company’s senior secured and subordinated debt investments, including accrued PIK.
Following the repayment from Sparus Holdings, Inc., the Company’s current exposure to energy, on a fair value basis, is approximately 3%, compared to approximately 9 % at December 31, 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GameStop (GME) Holiday Comps Fall 18.7%, Reiterates Prior Guidance
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Paychex (PAYX) Names Thomas Bonadio to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!