Capital One (COF) Selects AWS (AMZN) for Cloud
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ: AMZN), today announced that Capital One Financial Corp. (NYSE: COF) has selected AWS as its predominant cloud infrastructure provider. Capital One is one of the country’s leading financial institutions and recently ranked #1 on the InformationWeek Elite 100 list of the country’s most innovative users of business technology. Over the next five years, Capital One will continue to migrate many core business and customer applications to AWS as part of its commitment to delivering great digital experiences to its tens of millions of customers.
“Technology is going to play a central role in the future of banking as we move toward an experience that is real-time, digital-first, and that anticipates customer needs. The AWS Cloud enables fast, efficient development and deployment of software and allows our teams to focus on what we do best – building great software and delivering innovative experiences to our customers,” said Rob Alexander, CIO, Capital One. “We’re taking a cloud-first approach to development with AWS as our predominant cloud infrastructure provider.”
“Cloud has become the new normal even for the most highly regulated, data-sensitive organizations like those in the financial services industry. Such organizations are making the cloud a core part of their central IT operations and digital transformation efforts to take advantage of the security, reliability, and broad functionality of the AWS Cloud,” said Mike Clayville, Vice President, Worldwide Sales at AWS. “As a leading financial services institution, Capital One is embracing cutting-edge technology, like the AWS Cloud, to innovate in an industry that has great potential to benefit from technology transformation.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
- Morgan Stanley, Citi plan Brexit job moves: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!