Capital One (COF) Selects AWS (AMZN) for Cloud
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ: AMZN), today announced that Capital One Financial Corp. (NYSE: COF) has selected AWS as its predominant cloud infrastructure provider. Capital One is one of the country’s leading financial institutions and recently ranked #1 on the InformationWeek Elite 100 list of the country’s most innovative users of business technology. Over the next five years, Capital One will continue to migrate many core business and customer applications to AWS as part of its commitment to delivering great digital experiences to its tens of millions of customers.
“Technology is going to play a central role in the future of banking as we move toward an experience that is real-time, digital-first, and that anticipates customer needs. The AWS Cloud enables fast, efficient development and deployment of software and allows our teams to focus on what we do best – building great software and delivering innovative experiences to our customers,” said Rob Alexander, CIO, Capital One. “We’re taking a cloud-first approach to development with AWS as our predominant cloud infrastructure provider.”
“Cloud has become the new normal even for the most highly regulated, data-sensitive organizations like those in the financial services industry. Such organizations are making the cloud a core part of their central IT operations and digital transformation efforts to take advantage of the security, reliability, and broad functionality of the AWS Cloud,” said Mike Clayville, Vice President, Worldwide Sales at AWS. “As a leading financial services institution, Capital One is embracing cutting-edge technology, like the AWS Cloud, to innovate in an industry that has great potential to benefit from technology transformation.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spherix (SPEX) Announces Filing of New Patent Suit vs. Nortel Networks
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC Fined $16.5M by FINRA over AML Supervision, Other Violations
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) Chief Medical Officer Dupont Resgins
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!