Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Unit Announces Commercial Operation of Mustang Solar Power Project
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Recurrent Energy has reached commercial operation of the 100 MWac/134 MWp Mustang solar power project in Kings County, California.
"The commercial operation of the Mustang solar project continues a historic year that will see Recurrent Energy complete more than one gigawatt of U.S. solar photovoltaic (PV) projects," said Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar.
In 2015, Recurrent Energy secured a tax equity investment commitment for the Mustang project from U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation (USBCDC).
"High-quality solar projects like Mustang are an important strategic investment for U.S. Bank, which provide jobs to local communities, while delivering clean, reliable energy to the state of California," said Adam Altenhofen, Vice President of USBCDC.
The renewable energy generated by the Mustang project will be sold under long-term power purchase agreements to Sonoma Clean Power and MCE. The project is expected to produce enough electricity to power approximately 45,000 homes.
Construction of the 1,000 acre project created 450 peak construction jobs. Blattner Energy served as the provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction services.
- VIDEO – Mustang solar project overview: vimeo.com/recurrentenergy/remustang
- Mustang solar power project web page: recurrentenergy.com/mega-project/mustang/
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Triumph Group (TGI) Announces Receipt of G650 Program Order Valued at $300M
- KemPharm (KMPH) Files IND with U.S. FDA to Commence Human Trials of KP201/IR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!