Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Inks 63-MWp PPA in Mexico
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) announced that it has signed a Power Purchase Agreement ("PPA") for the 63MWp solar power plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico with the Federal Electricity Commission (Comision Federal de Electricidad, "CFE"). This project was awarded in April 2016 under the Mexico's First Long Term Electricity Auction and it is expected to generate electricity by September 2018. All the electricity generated will be sold to the CFE under the PPA for a 15-year period and related Clean Energy Certificates for a 20-year period.
Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar commented, "We are pleased to sign the PPA for this solar power project awarded to us earlier this year. We will continue to leverage our global project development and execution capability to continue to expand our global late stage solar project pipeline to meet the growing demand of clean solar energy in Mexico and around the world."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wireless Telecom (WTT) Names Michael Kandell as CFO
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) CEO Hunt to Depart in mid-2017; Transition Plan Announced
- Gores Group Unit to Acquire Triumph Group's (TGI) TAR Business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!