Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Enters $100M Guarantee Facility with EDC
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) announced that it has signed a financing agreement, pursuant to which, Export Development Canada ("EDC") has agreed to provide guarantees or letters of credit of up to US$100 million to Canadian Solar to support its global activities of project development. Royal Bank of Canada and Toronto Branch of China Construction Bank Corporation will serve as fronting banks on the facility.
"We are very pleased to work with EDC to execute on our global solar power business strategy. With EDC's backing, we are able to improve our financial flexibility on our capital allocation to new solar projects," commented Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar, "The continuous support we received from EDC is a testament to our leading position in the global solar industry. We value our strategic partnership with EDC as we continue to deliver on our commitment to accelerating the deployment of clean, reliable, emission-free solar energy worldwide."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Xtant Medical Holdings (XTNT) Announces Resignation of CEO Dan Goldberger
- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals (SNSS) Says SNS-062 IND Application with FDA is Now Active, Continues Progress with Vosaroxin MAA
- Becton Dickinson (BDX) Reports FDA 510(k) Clearance for Specific Non-Malignant Recurrent Pleural Effusions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!