Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Enters $100M Guarantee Facility with EDC
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) announced that it has signed a financing agreement, pursuant to which, Export Development Canada ("EDC") has agreed to provide guarantees or letters of credit of up to US$100 million to Canadian Solar to support its global activities of project development. Royal Bank of Canada and Toronto Branch of China Construction Bank Corporation will serve as fronting banks on the facility.
"We are very pleased to work with EDC to execute on our global solar power business strategy. With EDC's backing, we are able to improve our financial flexibility on our capital allocation to new solar projects," commented Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar, "The continuous support we received from EDC is a testament to our leading position in the global solar industry. We value our strategic partnership with EDC as we continue to deliver on our commitment to accelerating the deployment of clean, reliable, emission-free solar energy worldwide."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Cardiome Pharma (CRME) Announces Early Launch of XYDALBA in the U.K.
- Great Plains Energy (GXP) Announces Leadership of Post-Westar Energy Merger Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!