Canadian Solar (CSIQ) Commences Operation at 24-MWp PV Plant in Japan
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) announced that it has started the commercial operation of a 24MWp solar photovoltaic (PV) power plant in Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan.
The Yamaguchi plant achieved commercial operation on November 16, 2016, and is the largest solar power plant that Canadian Solar has built in Japan. Powered by 92,064 Canadian Solar CS6P-260P/CS6P-255P modules, the plant is expected to generate approximately 28,487 MWh of electricity each year, which will be purchased by Chugoku Electric Power Company, under a 20-year feed-in-tariff contract at the rate of JPY40.00 ($0.38) per kWh.
"We are delighted to announce the commercial operation of this 24MWp plant, which once again demonstrates Canadian Solar's leadership position in the solar energy business. With the addition of this 24MWp project, our total portfolio of projects in operation in Japan reaches 46MWp,"commented Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar. "With 167MWp of projects under construction and an addition 66MWp of projects that are ready to build, we are well on track to deliver more solar projects in Japan. We are also working on a plan to monetize certain assets in the coming months."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Allergan (AGN) Enters DELZICOL Patent Settlement Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!