Can-Fite BioPharma (CANF) Receives USPTO Notice of Allowance for ED Treatment-Related Patent
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd. (NYSE: CANF) announced it has received a Notice of Allowance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for its patent application covering A3 adenosine receptor ligands for use in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The patent addresses methods for treating erectile dysfunction with different A3 adenosine receptor (A3AR) ligands including Can-Fite's erectile dysfunction drug candidate, CF602. This marks Can-Fite's second notice of allowance in the U.S. for ligands which bind to the A3AR target. The prior patent, issued in February, addresses composition of matter for allosteric compounds. Can-Fite's CF602, an allosteric compound at the A3AR demonstrated effects on erection superior to that demonstrated by sildenafil (Viagra®) in diabetic animal studies. CF602 has a mechanism of action similar to sildenafil.
"With this notice of allowance, we believe we now have a broad spectrum of IP coverage which protects a broad spectrum of A3AR ligands in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Based on this coverage, we intend to investigate additional compounds to optimize potential efficacy and safety for this indication," stated Can-Fite CEO Dr. Pnina Fishman
GlobalData estimates the value of the erectile dysfunction therapeutic market to be approximately $2.6 billion by 2018 with few drugs on the market which include Viagra, Cialis and Levitra. According to the American Diabetes Association, approximately 30 million Americans have diabetes mellitus in the U.S. and 35-75% of men with diabetes mellitus suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR), CEOC Receive Strong Creditor Support for CEOC Reorganization Plan
- Sientra (SIEN) Announces FDA Approval of New Silicone Breast Implant Styles, Sizes
- UDR, Inc. (UDR) Appoints New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!