Can-Fite BioPharma (CANF) Receives Notice of Allowance in Europe for Piclidenoson-Related Patent
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd. (NYSE: CANF) announced that it has received a Notice of Allowance from the European Patent Office indicating the patent titled, "Pharmaceutical Composition Comprising A3 Adenosine Receptor Agonist (IB-MECA/CF-101) for Treatment of Psoriasis" will be granted. This key patent addresses Can-Fite's lead drug candidate Piclidenoson (CF101), an Adenosine Receptor Agonist (A3AR), in the treatment of psoriasis.
Piclidenoson will be evaluated in an upcoming Phase III trial in Europe in which it will be compared to apremilast (Otezla®), a recently approved oral drug from Celgene. Can-Fite submitted its Phase III clinical trial protocol for Piclidenoson in the treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in the first half of 2016.
"This important psoriasis patent comes at an opportune time, as we are heading into a Phase III trial in Europe. A similar patent was granted to Can-Fite in the U.S. last year. We believe our robust global IP portfolio supports our market position, as we look ahead towards potential commercialization and out-licensing deals in our advanced stage indications," stated Can-Fite CEO Dr. Pnina Fishman.
An estimated 3.7 million Europeans have psoriasis, 2.4 million of whom are living with moderate to severe disease according to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations. Globally, the psoriasis market which was estimated at $6.6 billion in 2014, is projected to double to over $13.3 billion by 2024, according to Global Data.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
- Peregrine Pharma (PPHM) Announces Presentation of Strong Data on PS-Targeting Antibodies Similar to Bavituximab in anti-PD-L1 Therapy
- RAIT Financial (RAS) Separates Chairman, CEO Roles; Appoints New Independent Chair
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!