Can-Fite BioPharma (CANF) Announces Publication of New CF102 Data in Molecular Medicine Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd. (NYSE: CANF) announced the peer reviewed scientific journal Molecular Medicine Report has published an article titled, "A3 adenosine receptor agonist, CF102, protects against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury following partial hepatectomy." The article reports the results of preclinical studies conducted by Can-Fite, showing the Company's liver cancer drug candidate CF102 protects the liver from ischemia/reperfusion injury and regenerates liver cells following partial hepatectomy.
Liver surgery, liver transplantation, and toxic liver conditions such as non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) can lead to injury of the liver characterized by inflammatory conditions and liver cell death. The studies showed that CF102 protected the liver against ischemic reperfusion manifested by a statistically significant (p<0.05) reduction in key liver enzymes, SGOT and SGPT. In addition, in studies where partial liver hepatectomy was conducted, a 45% increase in the regeneration rate of the remaining liver was observed after CF102 treatment, compared to placebo which regenerated only by 24%.
"We have a growing body of data pointing to the powerful liver protective properties of CF102. This supports our ongoing Phase II trial of CF102 as a second line treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma. These preclinical data are also valuable in showing CF102 holds promise in the treatment of NASH and other liver diseases and injuries," stated Can-Fite CEO Dr. Pnina Fishman.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- U.S. Steel (X) Issues Clarification on Comments Made by CEO Longhi; Says Worker Recall Refers to Entire Industry
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!