Can-Fite BioPharma (CANF) Announces Publication of New CF102 Data in Molecular Medicine Report
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd. (NYSE: CANF) announced the peer reviewed scientific journal Molecular Medicine Report has published an article titled, "A3 adenosine receptor agonist, CF102, protects against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury following partial hepatectomy." The article reports the results of preclinical studies conducted by Can-Fite, showing the Company's liver cancer drug candidate CF102 protects the liver from ischemia/reperfusion injury and regenerates liver cells following partial hepatectomy.
Liver surgery, liver transplantation, and toxic liver conditions such as non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) can lead to injury of the liver characterized by inflammatory conditions and liver cell death. The studies showed that CF102 protected the liver against ischemic reperfusion manifested by a statistically significant (p<0.05) reduction in key liver enzymes, SGOT and SGPT. In addition, in studies where partial liver hepatectomy was conducted, a 45% increase in the regeneration rate of the remaining liver was observed after CF102 treatment, compared to placebo which regenerated only by 24%.
"We have a growing body of data pointing to the powerful liver protective properties of CF102. This supports our ongoing Phase II trial of CF102 as a second line treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma. These preclinical data are also valuable in showing CF102 holds promise in the treatment of NASH and other liver diseases and injuries," stated Can-Fite CEO Dr. Pnina Fishman.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Depomed (DEPO) Announces Favorable Ruling on NUCYNTA Providing Market Exclusivity Until December 2025
- Amyris (AMRS) Enters New Funding Arrangement, Expanded Nutraceutical Collaboration
- Staples (SPLS) President Wilson Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!