Camden National (CAC) Approves 3-for-2 Stock Split
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Camden National Corporation (NASDAQ®: CAC) announced today that its Board of Directors has approved a three-for-two stock split to be effected in the form of a stock dividend on the Company's common stock. The three-for-two stock split is payable September 30, 2016, to its common shareholders of record at the close of business on September 15, 2016. Shareholders will receive cash in lieu of any fractional share of common stock that they otherwise would have been entitled to receive in connection with the split, except that participants in the Company's Dividend Reinvestment & Direct Stock Purchase and Sale Plan will have fractional shares credited to their accounts. The price paid for fractional shares will be the closing price the last trading day immediately prior to record date.
"The Company has delivered strong financial results through the first six months of 2016 as we continue to realize the benefits of the strategic acquisition of SBM Financial, Inc., the parent company of The Bank of Maine," said Gregory A. Dufour, president and chief executive officer of Camden National. "We believe this stock split will place the market price of the Company's common stock in a more attractive range for investors and, by increasing the number of shares outstanding, we also expect this action will help increase the liquidity of the Company's common stock."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- Sonoco Reports 2017 Financial Guidance and Strategic Priorities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Stock Splits
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!