CST Brands (CST) Receives Shareholder Approval of Alimentation Couche-Tard Merger
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
CST Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CST) announced that its stockholders approved the previously announced merger agreement with a U.S. subsidiary of Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. at its special meeting of stockholders held today.
Based on the tabulation of the stockholder vote, approximately 84% of the total shares outstanding as of the October 7, 2016 record date voted at the special meeting, and approximately 84% of the total shares outstanding as of the October 7, 2016 record date were voted in favor of the merger agreement at the special meeting.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, CST stockholders will receive $48.53 in cash per share, without interest, as a result of the closing of the transaction. The transaction remains subject to customary closing conditions, including the receipt of necessary governmental and regulatory approvals.
CST stockholders also approved, on an advisory (non-binding) basis, the compensation that may be paid or become payable to CST’s named executive officers in connection with the merger.
BofA Merrill Lynch is serving as lead financial advisor and J.P. Morgan Chase is also serving as financial advisor to CST. Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Stikeman Elliott are acting as legal advisors to CST.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/5: (CNSL)/(FRP) (CX) (FDML)
- Fiesta Restaurant (FRGI) hires JP Morgan for a sale - DealReporter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!