CME Group (CME) Reports Record Single-Day Contract Volume in Energy Complex
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, experienced a record high in single-day Energy complex volume with 4,510,408 combined futures and options contracts traded on November 30, 2016, breaking the previous record of 3,932,201 contracts set on February 11, 2016.
CME Group offers the world's deepest and most-liquid crude oil futures and options to customers seeking to hedge volatile crude oil prices. WTI Light Sweet Crude Oil futures and options achieved multiple records yesterday surrounding OPEC's decision to cut crude oil production, further underscoring its connection to the global crude oil marketplace:
- WTI futures volume reached 2,530,530, surpassing the prior record of 1,861,909 set on November 9, 2016
- WTI futures open interest attained a record 2,074,018 contracts, exceeding the previous record of 2,070,055 contracts set on November 11, 2016
- WTI options volume achieved a record 579,935 contracts versus the previous record of 460,742 on November 29, 2016
- Reached record 374,989 WTI electronic options traded, beating the former record on 334,145 set one day earlier on November 29, 2016
CME Group's Energy contracts are listed by and subject to the rules of NYMEX.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- CME Group Inc. Declares Annual Variable Dividend of $3.25 per Share
- Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCCI) CEO, Founder Chalhoub to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Options
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, OPEC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!