CME Group (CME) Reports Record Single-Day Contract Volume in Energy Complex
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, experienced a record high in single-day Energy complex volume with 4,510,408 combined futures and options contracts traded on November 30, 2016, breaking the previous record of 3,932,201 contracts set on February 11, 2016.
CME Group offers the world's deepest and most-liquid crude oil futures and options to customers seeking to hedge volatile crude oil prices. WTI Light Sweet Crude Oil futures and options achieved multiple records yesterday surrounding OPEC's decision to cut crude oil production, further underscoring its connection to the global crude oil marketplace:
- WTI futures volume reached 2,530,530, surpassing the prior record of 1,861,909 set on November 9, 2016
- WTI futures open interest attained a record 2,074,018 contracts, exceeding the previous record of 2,070,055 contracts set on November 11, 2016
- WTI options volume achieved a record 579,935 contracts versus the previous record of 460,742 on November 29, 2016
- Reached record 374,989 WTI electronic options traded, beating the former record on 334,145 set one day earlier on November 29, 2016
CME Group's Energy contracts are listed by and subject to the rules of NYMEX.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Accelerate FY17 Planned Activity; Updates CAPEX, Production Guidance
- RMP Energy Announces President and CEO Retirement
- Buckeye Partners, L.P. to Release Earnings and Hold Conference Call for 2016 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Options
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, OPEC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!