CEL-SCI Corp (CVM) Founder de Clara Resigns
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CEL-SCI Corporation (NYSE: CVM) announced that its founder, President and Chairman of the Board, Maximilian de Clara has resigned for personal health reasons, effective immediately. The 87 year-old visionary funded the original research of what has become CEL-SCI’s investigational drug Multikine* at the Max Planck Institute in Germany. From this he started the Company and now the Multikine Phase 3 study is being run in 24 countries with multiple respected partners. We thank him for his dedication and service to the Company, and wish him the best of health.
"Mr. de Clara believed in the concept of immunotherapy for cancer patients when very few did. He believed that the immune system holds the key to the treatment of many diseases. He also believed that the immune system should be activated before radiation and chemotherapy when it is thought to be strongest. Without Mr. de Clara’s determination backed by his personal funds CEL-SCI would not exist today.” said CEL-SCI CEO Geert Kersten.
Mr. Maximilian de Clara said: “It is with sadness that I acknowledge that I can no longer handle the operational obligations of the Company I have built, financed and nurtured for the last thirty three years. While I will no longer actively participate in the daily operation of CEL-SCI, I have the utmost confidence in the management team in place and in the continued success of Multikine’s clinical progress.”
CEL-SCI does not plan to fill the position of President at this time.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Felcor Lodging Trust (FCH) Receives Letter from Snow Park Capital; Calls for Evaluation of Strategic Alternatives
- Apple (AAPL) Launches All-New MacBook Pro; Will Start at $1,499
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Says Offshore Nigeria Oil Discovery Has 500M to 1B Barrels of Oil
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!