CBS Corp. (CBS) Receives National Amusements Letter; Will Take Appropriate Action
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS) announced that its board of directors has received a letter from National Amusements requesting that the company consider a potential combination of CBS and Viacom. National Amusements, directly and through subsidiaries, owns approximately 80% of the voting shares of both CBS and Viacom.
CBS is in receipt of the letter, and the Company will take appropriate action to evaluate what is in the best interest of CBS Corporation and its shareholders.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- USANA Health Sciences (USNA) Names New CIO and President
- Shutterfly (SFLY) Adds Two New Directors
- Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) Announces ABX Air Motion Converted to Preliminary Injunction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!