Burlington Stores (BURL) Responds to Short Report; 'Emphatically' Denies Claims
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Burlington Stores, Inc. (NYSE: BURL) issued the following statement in response to a report issued on November 3, 2016 by self-proclaimed short seller Spruce Point Capital Management.
The Company stands by its financial statements and emphatically denies the claims made in the report. The report, which is filled with innuendo and baseless allegations, is based on flawed, inaccurate and misleading analysis.
The Company also notes that the short seller stated in the report that it ‘stands to realize significant gains in the event that the price of [Burlington’s] stock declines’.
Burlington’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP and any non-GAAP information is reconciled to its GAAP equivalent. Burlington’s annual financial statements are audited by Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Street Watchdog Research Lowers Price Target on Dollar General (DG) to $55
- Stocks with call price movement; SWN ENDP
- Toll Brothers (TOL) volatility elevated into Q4 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!