Burlington Stores (BURL) Responds to Short Report; 'Emphatically' Denies Claims
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Burlington Stores, Inc. (NYSE: BURL) issued the following statement in response to a report issued on November 3, 2016 by self-proclaimed short seller Spruce Point Capital Management.
The Company stands by its financial statements and emphatically denies the claims made in the report. The report, which is filled with innuendo and baseless allegations, is based on flawed, inaccurate and misleading analysis.
The Company also notes that the short seller stated in the report that it ‘stands to realize significant gains in the event that the price of [Burlington’s] stock declines’.
Burlington’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP and any non-GAAP information is reconciled to its GAAP equivalent. Burlington’s annual financial statements are audited by Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Flowers Foods (FLO) and Flowers Baking Reach Settlement in Class Action Lawsuit
- Express Scripts (ESRX) on Watch Amid Citron Interview
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!