Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) Investor Marcato Capital Disappointed in Board Changes
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Marcato Capital Management LP (“Marcato”), a San Francisco-based investment manager which manages funds that beneficially own approximately 5.2% of the outstanding common shares of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. (Nasdaq: BWLD) (“Buffalo Wild Wings” or the “Company”) today issued the following statement in response to appointment of three new directors to the Company’s Board of Directors.
“After attempting to engage in substantive dialogue with Buffalo Wild Wings for months, we are deeply disappointed by the Company’s unilateral decision to reconstitute its Board without consulting us or other outside shareholders. Rather than working collaboratively with its investors, Buffalo Wild Wings has opted to exercise poor judgment, taking entrenching actions to create the illusion of change without showing any real openness to new voices and desperately-needed new ideas. Marcato has raised a number of significant strategic, operational and financial issues. We are convinced that, even with these new additions, the Board lacks a sufficient level of restaurant operations and franchise system development expertise and would benefit further by adding shareholder representatives.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Felcor Lodging Trust (FCH) Receives Letter from Snow Park Capital; Calls for Evaluation of Strategic Alternatives
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD): Cutting PT On Expected Guide Down - Wells Fargo
- HealthSouth (HLS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; CEO Grinney to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hedge Funds, Management Changes
Related EntitiesMarcato Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!