Buckeye Partners (BPL) Updates on Operations Following Hurricane Matthew; Says Safety Measures Were Effective
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (“Buckeye”) (NYSE: BPL) announced that the emergency safety precautions implemented by the company to prepare its U.S. Southeast coast and Caribbean facilities for Hurricane Matthew were effective in mitigating the storm’s impact on its assets.
Although Buckeye emergency response teams are continuing to assess and inspect its facilities for damage, the company is pleased to report that no employees have been injured nor have there been any significant releases of product.
Buckeye has implemented its hurricane recovery protocols at Buckeye Bahamas Hub, Fort Lauderdale Terminal, Everglades Pipe Line, Jacksonville Terminal, Charleston Terminal, and Wilmington Terminals with the intention of resuming full operations at these facilities as quickly and as safely as possible. Buckeye expects to resume domestic operations early this week and is determining a timetable for the resumption of operations at Buckeye Bahamas Hub.
Buckeye continues to work closely with local and national public safety officials and agencies in the U.S. and the Bahamas to respond to the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew.
Buckeye and its employees are an integral part of the communities in which we operate. Our primary concern is the safety of our employees, the public and the environment. Buckeye is working to assist employees impacted by Hurricane Matthew and is making financial contributions to organizations to assist with relief efforts in the U.S. and the Bahamas.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Related EntitiesCrude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!