Buckeye Partners (BPL) Updates on Operations Following Hurricane Matthew; Says Safety Measures Were Effective
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (“Buckeye”) (NYSE: BPL) announced that the emergency safety precautions implemented by the company to prepare its U.S. Southeast coast and Caribbean facilities for Hurricane Matthew were effective in mitigating the storm’s impact on its assets.
Although Buckeye emergency response teams are continuing to assess and inspect its facilities for damage, the company is pleased to report that no employees have been injured nor have there been any significant releases of product.
Buckeye has implemented its hurricane recovery protocols at Buckeye Bahamas Hub, Fort Lauderdale Terminal, Everglades Pipe Line, Jacksonville Terminal, Charleston Terminal, and Wilmington Terminals with the intention of resuming full operations at these facilities as quickly and as safely as possible. Buckeye expects to resume domestic operations early this week and is determining a timetable for the resumption of operations at Buckeye Bahamas Hub.
Buckeye continues to work closely with local and national public safety officials and agencies in the U.S. and the Bahamas to respond to the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew.
Buckeye and its employees are an integral part of the communities in which we operate. Our primary concern is the safety of our employees, the public and the environment. Buckeye is working to assist employees impacted by Hurricane Matthew and is making financial contributions to organizations to assist with relief efforts in the U.S. and the Bahamas.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gold Fields (GFI) Updates on Operations; Maintains FY16 Outlook
- Tutor Perini (TPC) Prelim. Q3 Results Miss Views
- Oasmia Pharma (OASM) to Acquire KB9520 Project from Karo Pharma
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Related EntitiesCrude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!