Bruker (BRKR) Announces Completion of Oncovision's Preclinical PET Imaging Business Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Bruker (Nasdaq: BRKR) announced that it has completed the acquisition of the preclinical PET imaging business of Oncovision, a leading provider of innovative medical imaging devices. Bruker had previously announced an agreement to acquire this business in September 2016. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The recently introduced, next-generation AlbiraSi™ preclinical PET/SPECT/CT system features advanced silicon photomultiplier (SiPM) technology. This proprietary detector technology allows the highest full field-of-view PET resolution and sensitivity, a major advantage over traditional PET technology. This innovation has also allowed the development of the first SiPM-based PET insert for preclinical MRI systems, giving researchers the benefit of simultaneous PET and MRI measurements.
Dr. Wulf I. Jung, President of Bruker's Preclinical Imaging Division, stated: "PET imaging is one of the most important imaging modalities for translational research. With this acquisition Bruker is strengthening its leadership in preclinical imaging. The unique, performance-leading SiPM PET detector technology, and other PET capabilities developed in close collaboration with the molecular imaging institute I3M and the University of Valencia, offer outstanding spatial resolution across the full field of view (FOV), increasing the high-resolution FOV by an order of magnitude compared to traditional PET systems, and thereby facilitating quantitative imaging investigations."
Frank H. Laukien, Ph.D., President and CEO of Bruker Corporation, commented: "Bruker continues to invest and position itself for sustainable growth in the important preclinical imaging market. We are very pleased with this advanced technology acquisition, and believe that our unique PET/MRI and PET/SPECT/CT systems will significantly advance quantitative, highest resolution PET translational research."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!