Brown & Brown (BRO) Acquires Kronholm Insurance Services
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
J. Scott Penny, Chief Acquisitions Officer of Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE: BRO), and John Kronholm, the sole shareholder of Kronholm Insurance Services, Inc. ("Kronholm Insurance"), today announced that Brown & Brown of Connecticut, Inc., a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc., has acquired substantially all of the assets of Kronholm Insurance.
Kronholm Insurance, a second generation insurance agency, has been a leader in providing lawyer professional liability solutions, court bonds, committee of sale coverage, long term care and related commercial and personal lines products in Connecticut and Rhode Island for over 30 years. The agency has annual net revenues of approximately $2.5 million. Kronholm Insurance will combine with Brown & Brown's profit center in Rocky Hill, Connecticut, which operates under the direction of Don McGowan, Regional President of Brown & Brown, Inc.
Don McGowan stated, "John and his team have been delivering experienced insurance solutions for the legal community in Connecticut and Rhode Island for a number of years. We are excited to have the opportunity to bring broader insurance solutions to all of the Kronholm clients while leveraging our new teammates' expertise in legal professional liability insurance."
John Kronholm stated, "My team and I are very proud to be joining Brown & Brown. We are excited about the opportunity to offer our clients a wealth of additional products and services."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of DPS Acquisition
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!