Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says EMA Validated Opdivo Type 2 Variation App for Bladder Cancer
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) announced that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) validated its type II variation application, which seeks to extend the current indications for Opdivo to include the treatment of locally advanced unresectable or metastatic urothelial carcinoma (mUC) in adults after failure of prior platinum-containing therapy. Validation of the application confirms the submission is complete and begins the EMA’s centralized review process.
“The high frequency of metastatic urothelial carcinoma and its relapsing nature highlight the substantial need for new treatment approaches with high and durable responses,” said Fouad Namouni, M.D., head of development, Oncology, Bristol-Myers Squibb. “We look forward to working with the EMA to potentially extend the use of Opdivo and bring the science of Immuno-Oncology to help patients in Europe fight this difficult-to-treat, advanced form of bladder cancer.”
The application primarily included data from CheckMate -275, a Phase 2, open-label, single-arm study assessing the safety and efficacy of Opdivo in patients with locally advanced unresectable or mUC that has progressed after a platinum-containing therapy. The primary endpoint in CheckMate -275 trial is objective response rate, and additional efficacy measures included durability of response and overall survival. Data from this study will be presented at the 2016 European Society for Medical Oncology Congress.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Colliers International (CIGI) Announces Acquisition of ICADE Assets
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Announces Statistically Significant Data from Xiaflex Phase 2 in Dupuytren's Disease Nodules
- Cheniere Energy (LNG) Offer to Acquire Cheniere Energy Partners (CQH) for $21.90/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!