Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI) Receives U.S. Patent Related to Mesenchymal Stem Cells Technology
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: BCLI) announced that it has been granted United States Patent No. 9,474,787 titled "Mesenchymal Stem Cells for the Treatment of CNS Diseases."
The allowed claims cover mesenchymal stem cells that secrete neurotrophic factors, including brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), as well as a pharmaceutical compositions comprising these factors.
"We are pleased that the US Patent Office continues to recognize the innovative nature of NurOwn®, our proprietary, differentiated mesenchymal stem cells, for use as a pharmaceutical," commented BrainStorm's CEO Chaim Lebovits. "This patent, along with the previously granted patents and patent applications, is part of our strategy to aggressively establish a broad portfolio of intellectual property to protect all of our commercially important discoveries."
This patent is the result of Brainstorm's ongoing joint development of NurOwn® together with the Tel Aviv University, and reflects the collaboration between the company and the laboratory of Prof. Dani Offen, the company's chief scientist.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!