BorgWarner (BWA) Announces Turbocharger Supply Agreement with BYD
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) is providing its leading turbocharging technology for Build Your Dreams (BYD) Auto's 1.5-liter gasoline direct-injection (GDI) engine, the first developed in-house by a domestic Chinese company. Boosted by BorgWarner's KP39 turbocharger, the inline four-cylinder engine achieves a power output of 154 HP (113 kW) and a maximum torque of 240 Nm (177 lb.-ft.), providing improved fuel economy compared with its predecessor and helping the engine comply with Euro 5 emissions standards. BYD Auto recently launched the engine in its G6 sedan, the top-selling mid-sized sedan in China's domestic market. The fuel-efficient engine featuring BorgWarner's turbocharging technologies is also available for other models.
You May Also Be Interested In
- GM (GM) Names Mary Barra as Next CEO
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC) Gives Ibrutinib Data in B-Cell Malignancies
- LDK Solar (LDK), Noteholders Enter Further Forbearance Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!