Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Awarded $33.9M NASA Contract
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Maintaining and improving the safety, security and performance of the National Airspace System (NAS) and National Rail System (NRS) is critically important to the NASA Ames Research Center (ARC). To achieve these safety goals, NASA is responsible for overseeing operations and maintenance of air and rail voluntary, independent, confidential incident reporting programs and associated data. NASA ARC has awarded Booz Allen Hamilton a $33.9 million Cost Plus-Fixed Fee, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), five year single award contract to support their efforts.
“Having supported the ASRS since 2004, we are thrilled to have been chosen for this engagement and believe that this decision is a testament to the work we’ve completed thus far,” said Paul Chi, Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton. “We look forward to leveraging our expertise in everything from data security to safety hazard report management to achieve the all-important goal of improving aviation and rail safety for the public.”
Throughout the life of this contract, Booz Allen will assist in the analysis of incident and hazard reports and accumulated safety data provided and developed by the Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS) and Confidential Close Call Reporting System (C3RS). The firm will assist to operate, maintain and manage the ASRS and C3RS systems and will process incident or safety hazard reports while ensuring the confidentiality and security of the information.
This contract builds on Booz Allen’s previous work with ASRS, where the firm has proven itself as a valuable partner. Along with a deep-seated history of aviation and railroad safety experience, Booz Allen brings extensive knowledge of IT and data security management.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces 16.66M Share Common Stock Secondary Offering (CG)
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 11/29: (ARIA) (TIF) (THO) High; (NVLS) (FCEL) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!